4wdandcamping.com
To access the infomation on this forum you must be a member. it only takes a few minuits to register.
4wdandcamping.com
To access the infomation on this forum you must be a member. it only takes a few minuits to register.
4wdandcamping.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4wdandcamping.com

This is a site for people with the same interest to meet and organise trips and enjoy the great outdoors.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

for fist time knot-tiers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

for fist time knot-tiers Empty
PostSubject: for fist time knot-tiers   for fist time knot-tiers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:17 am

There is one small hitch encountered by many first time knot-tiers. Their expert instructors seem to assume that their fellow fishermen are familiar with the Surgeon's Knot, the Bimini Twist and the like. But long before I moved into the field of knot-tying, I was content to join a line-to-swivel, swivel-to-trace and trace-to-hook via a Simple Loop Knot, where the loop is made only perhaps 25mm long - just long enough to pass over the hook and swivel.
The Loop Knot can be tied readily in the dark, and equally readily attached to swivel and hook. If fishing for flathead, you may have more confidence in your gear if the loop to the hook is made about 12.5cm long, thus taking the fish on a doubled trace.
for fist time knot-tiers Knot1
As experience is gained, you may wish to move on from the Loop Knot to knots that lie closer to hook and swivel.
for fist time knot-tiers Knot2
One of these is the Half Blood Knot, which is more correctly half of the Barrel Knot. THIS KNOT WILL SLIP. It has cost me more fish than I want to remember.

If you must use it, then you have two choices:
a) Stop the end of the line with a simple Overhand Knot, and draw it against the turns of the knot.
for fist time knot-tiers Knot3
b) or make the Half Blood Knot into a Clinch Knot.
Back to top Go down
https://4wdandcamping.forumotion.net

for fist time knot-tiers
Page 1 of 1