4wdandcamping.com
To access the infomation on this forum you must be a member. it only takes a few minuits to register.
4wdandcamping.com
To access the infomation on this forum you must be a member. it only takes a few minuits to register.
4wdandcamping.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4wdandcamping.com

This is a site for people with the same interest to meet and organise trips and enjoy the great outdoors.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

i need advise

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

i need advise Empty
PostSubject: i need advise   i need advise Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 am

ok looks like i will be getting a diesel 4wd ( i'll post it up when i get it ) but what i need to know is getting a turbo timer is a good investment or do i get a temp gauge for the turbo instead? also is there better brands than others?.
Back to top Go down
https://4wdandcamping.forumotion.net
Scolers
Scolers

i need advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need advise   i need advise Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:36 pm

I was told that it depends on the age of the car as to whether you need a turbo times. ie. If it's a newer vehicle then you don't really need one. The only thing is I am not aware of how old the car needs to be before you should get a turbo timer. Maybe when you get teh vehicle check out forums that are indigenous tio your car and ask there.

Sorry couldn't help much more.

Scolly.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

i need advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need advise   i need advise Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:07 am

thanks scol i'll keep looking to see what i can find
Back to top Go down
https://4wdandcamping.forumotion.net
Sharky
Sharky

i need advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need advise   i need advise Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Happy easter guys. Gday Ron I had one in the Paj and it was great mate. Ya just turn the key off and depending on how hot the motor was and how far I'd driven it took over. Short trips it did'nt come on unless it was very hot (Weather). Was a bit of piece of mind I think to know that if the engine needed to idle down it was taken care of. Just dont leave the car if the cops are around as they will book you for leaving your vehicle unattended and running. Worth it, well mine was aftermarket and already on it when I bought it but yeah I'd probably put one on.Depends wether ya have the spare coin
Back to top Go down
OleFella

OleFella

i need advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need advise   i need advise Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Talking to blokes who have turbo vehicles, the turbo timer isn't so important around town, good on a trip. The 80 I bought has one but I've been told to get an EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) gauge, I've been told they are important if you are towing much. I'm a bit confused but I'll keep on asking questions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i need advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need advise   i need advise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i need advise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4wdandcamping.com :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: technical stuff & product reviews-
Jump to: