4wdandcamping.com
To access the infomation on this forum you must be a member. it only takes a few minuits to register.
4wdandcamping.com
To access the infomation on this forum you must be a member. it only takes a few minuits to register.
4wdandcamping.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4wdandcamping.com

This is a site for people with the same interest to meet and organise trips and enjoy the great outdoors.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dual battery system

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Col

Col

Dual battery system Empty
PostSubject: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 3:53 am

Well after 4 years i finally got around to moving the monitor
From the dual bat from under the bonnet to in cab...Cant rush these things!!
Hell of a lot easier to check the battery..lol

Dual battery system DSC07720

Dual battery system DSC07719

Was sitting to the right of the Isolator,But was a pain to use..
Dual battery system DSC07721
Back to top Go down
Sharky
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:43 pm

A bit handier to see mate
Back to top Go down
Scolers
Scolers

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:49 pm

At what voltage does it start to read 'fair'? I've got a siimple LED system on my carry case but it still shows green when the voltage is below 11volts ... Rolling Eyes

Scol.
Back to top Go down
Col

Col

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Sorry Scol's missed your post..
I'm not really sure,I dont have a voltage meter to check!!
Back to top Go down
OleFella

OleFella

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:32 am

In the 4wd Action New products, Projecta have released a handy looking dual battery monitor which actually displays a voltage. Just what i have been looking for. $179
Back to top Go down
Sharky
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:19 am

I've got the Piranha one and all it has is lights No pretty ordinary really. Although it has a wire that you can run fridge etc through it and has automatic cutout for battery protection but not worth what I paid for it.
Back to top Go down
OleFella

OleFella

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:24 am

I think I will try one of these. If it's any good, I'll need another for the Cruiser. The GQ is the work truck so it's the first one
Back to top Go down
Scolers
Scolers

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Col wrote:
Sorry Scol's missed your post..
I'm not really sure,I dont have a voltage meter to check!!

I'm always warey of these LED systems ... you're looks better than most tho' ... mine's just four LED's green, green, yellow red. Even when the second green LED is on the voltage can be below 12volts. Glad I checked before using the bloomin' thing accurately!

affraid

Shocked

Rolling Eyes

Scol.
Back to top Go down
Col

Col

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:54 am

I have found the paper work that came with mine,(I bought mine from Ebay,Brand new)
I had a quick search and it seems they dont even make this model anymore..
The paper i have just has fitting instructions,and not really anything else.Mount
controller to side guard and then the Mount the moniter/Surge protector on dash..
It does have this if you want to look www.sidewinder.com.au
Back to top Go down
Col

Col

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:01 am

OleFella wrote:
In the 4wd Action New products, Projecta have released a handy looking dual battery monitor which actually displays a voltage. Just what i have been looking for. $179
And i'm pretty sure thast these have a shut off switch,That if youre cranking bat goes flat you can
use it to Start the car...

Back to top Go down
OleFella

OleFella

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm

My dual battery system had this built in, just got to hook up one wire, which I haven't got around to just yet
Back to top Go down
OleFella

OleFella

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Col wrote:
I have found the paper work that came with mine,(I bought mine from Ebay,Brand new)
I had a quick search and it seems they dont even make this model anymore..
The paper i have just has fitting instructions,and not really anything else.Mount
controller to side guard and then the Mount the moniter/Surge protector on dash..
It does have this if you want to look www.sidewinder.com.au

They have a range of gear there, I'll have a look tonight. Off to Clara Vale for the day Smile
Back to top Go down
Col

Col

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Lucky bugger have fun Very Happy
I did phone the owner of the sidewinder site years ago
with a question i had and he was very helpfull,I have it here
if you need it(no idea if he has posted it on his web site)..
Back to top Go down
OleFella

OleFella

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 pm

T'was a quick working trip, not so much fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual battery system   Dual battery system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dual battery system
Page 1 of 1