4wdandcamping.com
To access the infomation on this forum you must be a member. it only takes a few minuits to register.
4wdandcamping.com
To access the infomation on this forum you must be a member. it only takes a few minuits to register.
4wdandcamping.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4wdandcamping.com

This is a site for people with the same interest to meet and organise trips and enjoy the great outdoors.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

permissions for the forum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

permissions for the forum Empty
PostSubject: permissions for the forum   permissions for the forum Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:23 pm

as the title suggest what i would like is your input on what non members should be able to see without haveing to join up.
we only have a few members but i have noticed we get at least 30 guest on every day, should we restrict what they can see?
or only certin subjects (like future trips)
Back to top Go down
https://4wdandcamping.forumotion.net
Scolers
Scolers

PostSubject: Re: permissions for the forum   permissions for the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:44 am

What ticks me off is people who come on and take info without giving. I know it happens on most forums but as someone who is happy to contribute it really upsets me .. permissions for the forum Icon_mad Even on camping.com I've seen people openly admit that they won't disclose certain camping spots because it's their 'secret' and yet they ask you for yours ... Grrrrr.

I reckon definately keep destinations closed ... or maybe just give them one or two.

I'm off me soap box ... permissions for the forum Icon_cheers

Scol.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: permissions for the forum   permissions for the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:55 am

i know what you mean scol permissions for the forum Icon_redface it's something that i might have been doing a bit lately.
i'm giveing this a try just to see if we get any more members & with any luck if they join they might post as well.
i just hope it works instead of driveing them away.
Back to top Go down
Scolers
Scolers

PostSubject: Re: permissions for the forum   permissions for the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:10 pm

It will only drive away the one's that don't post ... is that a bad thing?

permissions for the forum Fresse

Scol.
Back to top Go down
beast1

beast1

PostSubject: Re: permissions for the forum   permissions for the forum Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:51 am

but they will sign up cost nothing post nothing and take everything permissions for the forum Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: permissions for the forum   permissions for the forum Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:00 am

very true permissions for the forum Icon_mad
i have changed a few permissions so far that way they can't get all the good stuff permissions for the forum Icon_wink so i'll see how it goes. permissions for the forum Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
beast1

beast1

PostSubject: Re: permissions for the forum   permissions for the forum Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:13 am

its also a good idea to try and not let them take pics from the site
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: permissions for the forum   permissions for the forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

permissions for the forum
Page 1 of 1