4wdandcamping.com
To access the infomation on this forum you must be a member. it only takes a few minuits to register.

4wdandcamping.com

This is a site for people with the same interest to meet and organise trips and enjoy the great outdoors.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

i found this on another forum & it realy pisses me off

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: i found this on another forum & it realy pisses me off   Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:28 am

Guys, moves are afoot- well announced actually, to make 50% of Straddie a National Park in 2011.

What does this mean to me a 4x4 owner.

Well Straddie has always had a relaxed attitude to the camping public.
The 50% National park is to include ALL the beaches on the Island.

That will mean NO DOGS and very probably NO CAMPFIRES.

Permits will go up $$$ and be more restrictive, less campsites available and the upper dunes????

I went to a Public "consultation" meeting where they finally asked the residents and locals their opinions- overwhelming criticism to the plan- BUT there are only 2-3000 locals on Straddie. We need a larger voice.

You- the 4x4ing public have until the end of this month to comment on the plans.
North Stradbroke Island - a strong, green future (Department of Environment and Resource Management)
Govt website and email address where you can comment - lodge objections.

Quote:
The public are invited to provide their thoughts on the future of North Stradbroke Island. You can provide comments via email Straddie.Vision@derm.qld.gov.au or by calling 1300 130 372.

I will disclose that I work for the sand mining company- so I have a vested interest, but I love Straddie as it is- so do the locals and most of the visitors.

BTW- The NP (south interior end of the Island) will be off limits to the public as it has to pass through Mining Lease and and electronic gate- WILL NOT HAPPEN.
Sustainable Stradbroke

We always say we need to have a voice before the Govt changes things- here is your chance.

Scolers

PostSubject: Re: i found this on another forum & it realy pisses me off   Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:44 pm

There's nothing lke a government that listens to the people that elected it ... we jsut need to find one ...
Back to top Go down
beast1

PostSubject: Re: i found this on another forum & it realy pisses me off   Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:53 am

VOTE me
Back to top Go down
Scolers

PostSubject: Re: i found this on another forum & it realy pisses me off   Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Beast for PM? Doesn't work ... we've got one ...
Back to top Go down
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: i found this on another forum & it realy pisses me off   Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:59 am

Ya got my vote Wink
Back to top Go down
beast1

PostSubject: Re: i found this on another forum & it realy pisses me off   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:19 am

thanks sharky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i found this on another forum & it realy pisses me off   

Back to top Go down

i found this on another forum & it realy pisses me off
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1